Thursday, October 8, 2009

When does my day start? - Day 1 Report

So, I was going to post last night...but decided against it because I knew I'd be up and down with Peyton, and sometimes that means I munch on something - sometimes cause I am hungry and sometimes cause I want to stay awake!
Decided to start the new day at 6am. Since it is now 6:06am, yesterday is done :)

Weight: 241.2
Measurements: Upper arm: 16in
Bust: 44.25 (this is probobly a bit skewed as I am still making a little milk and wearing a sports bra because of it)
Waist: 45in
Hips: 49.25
Thigh: 29.75

According to what I looked up on the internet for caloric needs, etc. the recommendation for me:
Fat loss = 2147 per day and for Extreme Fat Loss = 1912 per day. I am trying to stay at the extreme fat loss, but give myself a bit of wiggle room to the 2147 mark as I am just getting started and learning curve and all that.
Breakfast: 3 egg white omlet w/ ham, cheese: 157 cal
2 slices lite wheat toast w/ butter spray and 1 tbsp strawberry jam: 142 cal
Coffee w/ creamer, artificial sweetner, dash of skim milk: 80 cal
TOTAL: 379 cal
Lunch: Salmon w/ 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash marinade brushed on it: 130cal
Healthy heart frozen veggies: 140 cal
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese: 90 cal
1/4c frozen blueberries: 20 cal
TOTAL: 380 cal]
Dinner: 1 cup shrimp tortellini w/ cream sauce & 1/2 cup broccoli = 480 cal
2 slices garlic bread = 360 cal
1 caffiene free coke = 140 cal
TOTAL: 980 cal
Treat: 2 chocolate candies & 3 hard Werther's candies = 218 cal
GRAND TOTAL: 1957 cal
So, this doesn't sound so great...but, I am under the 2100 mark, which until I start realizing what adds up as what, it's not too bad. I didn't stumble too much during the day (and was actually suprised that I enjoyed my food), but as I was fixing dinner, I was starving and knew I was in trouble as this is 1 of my favorite meals. I started making excuses in my mind
"It's the first day, you can overdo on dinner"
" You just had a baby and have been breastfeeding, you should eat a little more"
" Today wasn't a normal day, I just had a stressful meeting, I did well for breakfast and lunch, just let dinner slide for today"
It took a lot to take the measuring cup to the table and measure out 1 cup of this meal. My kids watched and questioned...I tried to eat slowly, but dangit, I was hungry!! As I was cleaning up the kitchen, I ate the 2nd slice of garlic bread...180 calories for an itty bitty slice - SHEESH!!
So, a new day begins. I am meeting a friend today, so it will be lunch out...hope it goes well. I am already psyching myself up for ordering healthy...not something I have been familiar with! Until the AM...thanks guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment